Re: 'Cult' leaders

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 13:24:43 GMT

Mikael Raaterova:
> In the sense that the Orlanth priests can usually command the Humakt
> devotees; the Orendanae can usually command the devotees of Vinga or
> Babester.

I'm vague on what an 'Orendana' is (naff retcon for Ernalda gyda (gyda being a naff retc -- oh, I give up)), but the first is certainly true in a mythic/ritual sense; if one is identified and Orlanth the Chief, then ordering around Humakt the Weaponthane makes perfect sense.

(Doubtless he then tells he won't do it anyway, due to the dictates of Honour, but those are the breaks.)

Cheers,
Alex.