Re: Vingkot & Ethilrist

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 10:36:12 -0800

"Terra" wrote

> murharzarm of dara happa/mandane mirror of yelm(also dara happan
> grandfather-mortal)
> as well as
> vingkot of kerofinela/mandane mirror of orlanth(also son?/brother?/double?
> of heroine-godddess vinga)

Vingkot probably does represent Orlanth. Being the son of Orlanth could mean he's a hero who worships Orlanth. The consensus is that he is not the son of Vinga. He's certainly not her double (he's a law-giving culture hero of the Vingkotlings; Vinga is a protector of women), even though both were active during the Darkness.

Enclosure 2 has the story of Vingkot's Ring.

> wanted biography:
> sir. esirlist

Luckily for you, he's writing his autobiography! I'm sure it will be finished any decade now. (As I recall, this info is from the Dragon Pass boardgame.)

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #222