Arnie as Harrek?

From: Ashley Munday <ashleym_at_telinco.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 23:51:59 -0000

At least two people have suggested that Arnie play Harrek in a Gloranthan "movie" (gag, splutter, gag, vomit - barf for the transatlantic audience - the word is FILM!!!)

Personally I think Arnie would be crap 'cause he'd be the ultimate stereotype thud and blunder jerk he's played in every film he's been in. Let's face it, anyone who goes around with his head stuck up a polar bear's bum shows depth of character unplayable by Arnie - he's used to being the arse. As it's a part that requires lots of shouting Brian Blessed would be my first choice, but he is getting on a bit. Playing Gunda is a no brainer - - Dawn French, no one else will do.

For the Lunar cast, I'd suggest Miranda Richardson as Jar Eel. Anyone that doubts her ability to play a spoiled brat with unlimited power have a look at Black Adder II in which she plays Queenie. If we can't get Miranda Richardson to play anyone that young, Charlotte Church or any American tennis brat would have ample experience to carry it off. Jose's suggestion of Alan Rickman playing Fazzur is spot on.

Why use expensive special effects to simulate Jaldon when you could have Iggy Pop or Keith Richards? The spare one could carry Delecti off as a bonus. (The real coup for Delecti would of course be Keith Moon - he's got the body for it these days).

Finally, who else could play Argrath but Sean Connery? "So, you're the fearthered Horsh Queen. I'll ashume you're a game old bird then."

Cheers,

Ash