Dune , Princess Mononoke

From: markmohrfield <markmohrfield_at_zoomtown.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 21:51:17 -0500

 The error that Lynch made in
<<Dune was producing a final version that was too short. The movie should have been 3 hours long. All of its major failings were because he tried to fit too much story into the second half of the movie and wound up producing an incoherent film that barely makes sense even if you'd read the book. Long Live the 4 Hour Epic of the Hero Wars!>>

I seem to remember reading somewhere(I think that it was in Newsweek) that Lynch said that someone else edited the movie before it was released and that he disliked what had been done to it, so that might not be his fault.

Speaking of movies with a Gloranthan flavor, I'd like to take this chance to plug the animated film "Princess Mononoke". It's got a hero who rides an animal that isn't a horse (an elk), a Telmori for the heroine (well, almost) and several weird forest spirits. All things that should satisfy we Gloranthophiles.

                       Mark Mohrfield