Various topics

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 12:03:44 -0800

> Prove that "Level 3 is the goal." Go ahead, I challenge you to do so.

I challenge you not to. This discussion has nothing to do with Glorantha -- can we end it?

Oliver Bernuetz

> 1) What colour is a troll's skin?

According to RuneQuest 3, dark grey or mottled.

> 2) Why does Orlanth have a thief's aspect?

Because of his mythic exploits, lifting Kyger Litor's sandals high among them.

Or are you asking, why did Greg decide that Orlanth stole things?

Bob Stancliff

> KoS made a large effort to present information suggesting that Argrath
> married multiple women after the Hero Wars started, and then the
> conclusion tried to reconcile the stories to show that they are the same
> woman.

I always figured he did in fact marry multiple women, just as it says. The conclusion is one of the weaker parts of the book (by design, I suspect).

Whether one individual married multiple women, or multiple Argraths married one woman each (or whether there's such a travesty as a proxy marriage) is a can of worms I'm not opening.

Speaking of King of Dragon Pass treasures, the Sword of Humakt is not a battle treasure per se, as Tim Minas points out. And if someone is willing to create a web site for the game, I could provide them with a list of all treasures so that could be posted...