Ovineless in Oregon?

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 15:11:24 GMT

Jörg's KoDP is, like so many, sans sheep:
> I wish it were so. Your trader reacts too late, and you lose a temple a
> year once you have run out of sheep.

Which reminds me, my "solution" when this happened to me (before there were any remedial measures at all -- by 'eck, those were the days! Youngsters today, they don't know they're born! Looxury!) is just to keep on building shrines, faster (or at least, as fast) as sheeplessness can rip them down.

It's a minor point, but it's annoying mainly in that it's one of those things that, to adapt a recent metaphor, slaps you around the chops with a wet halibut, and says "Getting too emersed, were you? Ha, take this clunky game artifact and smoke it, then!" It's completely 'unrealistic', because either one can routinely sustain a number of temples with one's own sheep organically, _or_ sheep would be a routinely traded commodity.

Also, few gods, aside from Orlanth Thunderous and Heler, would insist on sheep as opposed to whatever else as sacrifices, so the cost could simply have been made more abstract.

Cheers,
Alex.