Honest Joh Mith

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 12:12:01 +1300

David Dunham:

>Issaries is the god of heralds, and they must be honest.

Then heroic exageration and satire is forbidden to them? And I fail to see how anybody would characterize their description of the mule to different people as honesty. Even the writeup of Rurik's character mentions that the words of Goldentongue priests can't be trusted. Lastly there is the slight point that Herald is a different subcult from that of Garzeen and Goldentongue and the last two have different aims in life.

>Also,
>if Issaries traders weren't known for at least a certain degree of
>honesty, how could they survive?

Try transposing this arguement to the RW and you will see the fallacy. If used car salesmen weren't known for at least a certain degree of honesty, how could they survive?

>I don't think you'll find Issaries
>merchants using false weights or passing bad coins.

Of course. Sick livestock is what they prefer best.