RE: Which to buy ...

From: Weihe, David <Weihe_at_danet.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 18:06:58 -0500

> From: "Fiorito, David" <David.Fiorito_at_qwest.com>
> Of the four Issaries Works in Progress which would be the most useful for
> someone whose campaign is set in Sartar/Prax/The Holy Country and
sometimes
> Balazar in the mid-1620s. Alternatively could someone summarize what each
> of these is about?
>
> Or would it be better to invest in the fanzines (I only have the Book of
> Drastic Resolution - Darkness and Prax)?

Given that you seem to be avoiding the areas of greatest Lunar influence, definitely get more fanzines. I imagine that your players don't care about the differences between Rinliddians, Yuthuppans, Raibanthi, and Alkothi as types of Lunars, but definitely do between the various Sartar tribes? None of the above works will help you much, then.

What they are about :
> The Entekosiad

Pelorian Mythology from the Green Age to the Sun Rise, especially from the area that later became Carmania

> The Glorious Reascent of Yelm

Dara Happan mythology from 111,000 Before Time to the re-founding of a native
empire there, after the World Council chased out the Pentan overlords.

> The Fortunate Succession

Imperial politics, post GroY. Little from the commoner perspective.

> Missing Lands

The Seas (especially under them) and Pamaltela

My recommendation on these would be to start with GroY then go on to the Entekosiad. I did them in reverse order and was incredibly confused. I also felt that FS and Missing Lands had less new and/or interesting material in them.