Re:Cats

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_paralynx.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 08:36:30 -0800

> From: andrew hall <achall_at_computan.on.ca>
> Subject: Cats in Glorantha?
>
> Q. I'm looking for more complete information on cats in Genertela.
> The following is the information with which I'm currently working.
> 1. Basmol is the Lion God and the Basmoli are his followers. This god
> is affiliated with Hykim & Mikyh.

Correct, though Hykim and Mikyh may be God Learner constructs. The Basmoli are werecats like the Telmori and have a hsunchen culture.

> 2. Are there cats in the Tanier River Valley (in Seshnela) and are these
> domesticated for hunting? I seem to recall, but it is hazy...

Dunno

> 3. Is there a connection between Orlanth and cats as a picture from the
> Cults Book seems to imply?

Orlanth's half-brother is Yinkin the Shadow Cat. His myths tell how he taught Odayla to hunt and saved the people from starvation. Extremely devoted Orlanthi (read Rune Lord in RQ) may be adopted by an intelligent alynx (shadow cat)(a RQ allied spirit).

> 4. I have an old official RQ miniature of what I take to be a Storm
> Voice with some kind of domestic cat.

see above.

> 5. Is there a body of information about cats in Glorantha?

dunno

wquadros_at_paralynx.com
www.bvcompuworks.com/wesley