"Pharoah".

From: bjm10_at_cornell.edu
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 12:38:55 -0500 (EST)

Is the title "Pharoah" the ACTUAL phonetic transliteration of the actual Gloranthan word or is it an English word chosen to evoke a very specific emotional reaction in the gamer? I go for the latter. It makes far more sense and requires far less in truly daft rationalization. Thus, whatever the actual Gloranthan word is, we say "Pharoah" simply because it's the closest conceptual equivalent to what the Gloranthan word means.

I use that interpretation a lot--it avoids silly _post hoc_ intellectual contortionist tricks.

After all, is the Sartarite for "Boldhome" actually the English words "bold" and "home"?