Gone with the Wind

From: Herve.Ancelin_at_skf.com
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 19:41:07 +0100

To greet the new year I have a big puzzling question.

How do creatures and things fly in (above) Glorantha ?

In RW animal flight is the result of :
- -flapping wings

Maximum size is a few grams for wind riding *, about 10 kg with flapping wings (albatros/condor) I don't know how big was a pterosaurus.

Machine flight results of
- -lift from air flow around wings or propellers

Above the Lozenge there are things that fit this :
- -Normal birds and insects

And some that don't :
- -the Red Moon (it is in Middle Air, how does it stay there ?)

About every Rune is there : Moon, Chaos, Draconic, Sky, Storm, Darkness, Law(sorcery), (Disorder ?).

Are there Earth and Water related flying things ?

Are there specific *mythic* reasons to fly for each Rune ?

Related question : Why do things fall if you drop them ? It can't be only Earth related since it works also above bottomless ocean and maybe on other Planes.

Cheers, Hervé

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #264