Re: Dholes

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 12:39:37 EST

Me:

<< Nils:

<>

      Quite. >>

      A succinct post, but not quite the one that I thought I'd sent (or, for that matter, what my computer insists I *did* send...). What its supposed to say inside the brackets is:

 "I may be all wrong here, but I read dhole as the indian wild dog (of the Second Jungle Book infamy), not the Cthulhu monster."

Gary Switzer:

<<a "dhole" (Canis dukhunensis) is a type of wild dog found in SE Asia>>

     Cuon alpinus, actually (see, I can be pedantic, too!)

Peter:

<<> Is there some reason to suspect the absence of dholes in Glorantha?

I don't understand. Indian Dholes or Cthuloid Dholes?>>

     Indian (I must have misunderstood your original post). I think there's probably quite a lot of reason to suspect absence of Cthuloid dholes, not least because they overlap functionally with the krarshtkids.

Trotsky