Re: KoDP patch ?

From: Roger McCarthy <rogermccarthy_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 17:02:37 GMT

Is there any chance that David or someone could resend the KoDP patch as either I didn't get or Hotmail deleted the relevant Digest from my account over Xmas.

One KoDP question: is there a standard tariff for different types of gifts/favours ? - just sending 40 or 50 food as a gift seems to have no effect on most clans and given that at least in the early part of the game you can generally trade a few horses for a LOT of food or goods I've no idea how many horses would equal one favour.

I take on board most of David's replies to frustrations with the game.

However on repeated clan random events my current clan has definitely produced 4 ugly Orlanthi in search of a bribe up to 1351 (we're obviously not called the Squat Oaks for nothing - or is there something in the tula water supply...) and I definitely didn't save/restore once so that's not the explanation - and that's not a helpful suggestion anyway as at least on my quite high-spec laptop I've been kicked out of KoDP with an illegal operation error and lost everything a couple of times now.

I am also not sure that having temples helps much in breeding more nobles for that deity - I've had an Elmali clan which started out with a full temple which was quickly upgraded to great but which had no Elmali nobles to begin with and produced no new ones for 30-odd years, while my current Orlanthi war clan has been going for 20+ years with only an Ernalda shrine but has added 4 new Ernaldan nobles to the 3 I started with (serves me right for complaining about not having any in my previous clan)

Still - great game...

ROGER