Pagans rulers and Malkioni peasants

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 20:40:07 +1300

Joerg Baumgartner

>(At least I know of no instance where theist rulers control Malkioni
>peasants.)

The Kingdom of War springs to mind, although admittedly that isn't likely to be a long term arrangement no matter what happens on the battlefield. If it's defeated, the peasants are freed whereas the peasants are dead if it wins.

Malkioni Kingdoms were controlled in the past by barbarians, such as the Seshnegi Kings Thyerm the Barbarian and Grodlam the Wolf whereas Loskalm might have come close with Black Hralf. However these weren't stable for very long. Eastpoint is a more interesting example as it apparently seems to be a Malkioni city ruled by the Orlanthi Kings of the Valmark, but it's lunarised now.

The only other example that I can think of are the Umathelan Malkioni under the control of the Fonritans although the details of their society is unknown to me apart from the worship of pagan deities among them. God Forgot under the Pharaoh doesn't quite count since they have native rulers and the Aeolians aren't farmers AFAIK.