Queendom, and Allies, and Drastic, Oh My!

From: aelarsen_at_facstaff.wisc.edu
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 12:46:00 -0600

>From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
>Subject: Scorpionmen
>
>Andrew Larsen:
>
>> 1) How much is known/has been published about the Queendom of Jab?
>>I know that it was founded by Gagix Twobarb in the Footprint after she
>>united 4 smaller queendoms. Is there anything else? It looks increasingly
>>like my players are going to want to go there, so I'd better be prepared.
>
>That's about all there is. The only other factoid that I know
>of is that the Lunars have some ability to make the Chaos in
>the pit vomit forth at will. Rather than actually having
>ambassadors there, I believe this is related to their
>celestiomanical magic as there is a scorpion constellation in
>the sky.

        By 'the pit', do you mean the Footprint? Or is there a location within the Footprint called 'The Pit"? Is there anything else within the Footprint than the Queendom of Jab, or is it more or less coterminous with the Foulblood Forest? From what I can tell, the Stonewood Forest is not specifically chaotic, but houses much of the chaotic overflow from the Foulblood.

>>If the Spirit was in the
>>body of an animal and got eaten during the Rebirth, would it come out as a
>>Scorpionman?
>
>There are no allied spirits embodied in animals - there are only
>awakened animals with increased INT or POW.

        But don't awakened animals function as allied spirits in some cases? I'm thinking specifically of Waha Khans? And in Strangers in Prax, Krogar Wolfhelm has an alynx that is specifically described as his 'Spirit ally', which has to be an Allied Spirit. So by that evidence, there are allied spirits in animals.

>> 3) (Okay, I said two, but I've thought of another) Does anybody
>>out there have anything else on Scorpionmen, in the way of culture or
>>scenarioes?
>
>Drastic: Chaos includes some material on Scorpion men society.

        Very helpful. Speaking of Drastic material, I've noticed that the Wizard's Attic only has Drastic: Prax. Is there anywhere else I can order Drastic; Chaos and Drastic: Darkness?

Andrew E. Larsen