Something Rotten in Sartar...

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 09:41:32 -0000

Peter writes:

> I dislike attributing the size of large states to unorlanthi
> traditions as this implies to me that something is rotten in
> the state of X and that evil will most assuredly befall X
> someday because it has dared to deviate from Orlanth's laws.

Some Storm Bulls I know believe that the "evil which has befallen" the Quivini tribes (i.e. the Lunar conquest of Sartar) is a result of their "deviating from Orlanth's laws" by accepting some lily-livered peacemaker as hereditary King of a grand pan-tribal Confederation, building Cities and Roads, encouraging Trade and Peace and the Rule of Law, and other such un-Orlanthi violations.

Wanting the Lunars out doesn't necessarily make you pro-Sartarite!

Generic observation: I *like* being able to accuse anyone who changes any hoary old Orlanthi Tradition of being "un-Orlanthi", because it muddies the waters when people point the finger of blame (uniquely) at my beloved Lunars.

("You call *us* 'un-Orlanthi'? And you a worshipper of 'Orlanth Rex', to boot! Next thing, you'll be telling us you use cats to herd your sheep!")

Andrew writes:

> So, is there anywhere to get copies of Drastic?

Volume: Darkness is still on the Reaching Moon Megacorp's UK ordering page, which I maintain (last updated 15 October 1999, no recent changes notified by David Hall). The previous two issues are out of stock (from RMM in the UK). The URL:

        http://www.btinternet.com/~Nick_Brooke/products.htm

Or you could contact the North American Megacorp Sales Rep, Neil Robinson, at:

        mailto:Neil_at_edeninc.com

:::: Email: <mailto:Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com> Nick

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #287