Wane and Wane-etter

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 06:17:10 EST

In a message dated 1/16/00 7:49:14PM, you write:

<< Because the Lunar Empire has named each  wane since the Zero Wane after a phase of the Moon, of which there are but  seven, there could be some fun confusions at the dawn of the Eighth Wane. >>

On a tangent; are there any celestial events that coincide with wanes or are they purely a Lunar phenomenon? For example, is the Moon visibly brighter at some point during a wane and, if it is, who can tell?

On the 8/1 bug, one would expect trouble simply because 7x7 years = 1 wane, nd 7x7 wanes should equal something dramatic (maybe a wane-etter?). It seems to me that the Lunars should be wanting a (5week) longer year to make things neater. As I was going to St. Ives I met a Moon with Seven Mothers...

Keith N