If started from scratch...

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 14:16:20 EST

Guy:

<< Here's the premise: for some reason, you can't use Glorantha as a
 world-setting anymore. If you were going to create a new setting campaign,  what lessons have you learned from Glorantha that you would apply to your  new setting?>>

Make sure you enjoy the process of inventing a world.

Make sure someone else is interested enough to give you feedback.

Steal as many ideas from as many places as possible, but do it your way.

Don't define everything straight away, leave yourself room to maneouver

Be careful about things that you might later regret.

<< The lessons could be positive (Glorantha did it this way,
 that's the way I'm gonna do it) or negative (I think this is where  Glorantha went wrong).>>

Unfortunately I don't think Glorantha can be ignored in this way except in a hypothetical way. New worlds will be compared to old; "that was done in Glorantha/Middle Earth/Tekumel/Bong Tree Land/Oz/Earthsea/Middle Earth/Laputa/Moominland" and even positive Glorantha traits might be viewed as negative.

Keith N

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #300