Campfires and Chaos in Prax

From: Joe Mills <mills_at_midohio.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 21:30:46 -0400

Joe Mills:

>Probably this has been covered before somewhere, but I don't have the
>answer right in front of me, so I'll ask it anyway -- how do the Agimori
>survive in Prax? RW deserts get very cold at night. Drastic: Prax mentions
>temperatures as low as 15 farenheit. I would think that the Children of
>Lodril would be at such a severe disadvantage after the sun goes down that
>the Agimori could not survive the inevitable night raids by their rivals.

Peter Metcalf:

They huddle around campfires? It's what probably keeps their numbers down although I do think Agimori warriors have some special magic to keep them warm for a short while to defend against raiders.

Joe:

Good enough. Campfires it is. Of course, that'll limit their winter camps to areas with enough trees. The nomads probably collect the leavings from their herds to burn. I bet the river valley gets a mite crowded in winter with the plains folk sans herds.

Peter Metcalfe:

There probably is a very wise reason for not using Chaotic Magic in Prax in that it might awake the Devil. I don't know of any Lunar chaotic units in Prax.

Joe:

Posh. Any Lunar priest IS chaotic. Ask any Orlanthi. I've also played enough Nomad Gods to know that the Praxian shamans themselves sometimes summon Malia. Then of course, there are the assorted broos, ogres and scorpion men practically littering the plains.... if the Devil could wake up, he would've by now.

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #303