Chaos in Prax

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 19:01:56 +1300

Joe Mills:

Me>>There probably is a very wise reason for not using Chaotic Magic
>>in Prax in that it might awake the Devil. I don't know of any
>>Lunar chaotic units in Prax.

>Posh. Any Lunar priest IS chaotic. Ask any Orlanthi.

The Storm Bullies differ.

>I've also played
>enough Nomad Gods to know that the Praxian shamans themselves sometimes
>summon Malia. Then of course, there are the assorted broos, ogres and
>scorpion men practically littering the plains.... if the Devil could wake
>up, he would've by now.

I should have qualified my original statement as I meant there's probably a very wise idea why the Lunars don't use Chaotic Magic in Prax. Given that you've just demolished the "Awaken the Devil", the reason's probably something like:

  1. The Praxians are well-adapted to fighting Chaos so the added impact of Lunar Chaotic units would be negated.
  2. There is so much chaos in Prax that it threatens to usurp the Lunar control over their own Chaos with harmful consequences
    • --Peter Metcalfe