Supermen?

From: Joe Mills <mills_at_midohio.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 15:40:52 -0400

Gian:

Hey Joe! Why bothering about cold if you are an Agimori in Prax: you are a superior human, a man-and-a-half: you easily get used to extreme heat and severe thirst, conditions which would be fatal to normal men. But you are not more exposed to the cold climates than normal men. Otherwise you would be not a superior human but a displaced one, at least in the survivable range of climate.

You have furs and fires (much more than non Lodrils) for the freezy nights and you are more healthy and strong than the average Praxian. You pity and despise them because they are Agimori-minus-a-third.

Joe:

Well, Gian, it's like this: that's how I don't *want* it to be. Oh sure, the attitude problem is fun, and great for role-playing. To make an Agimori a "superior human" is distasteful, however. I want there to be some drawback to playing an Agimori to counterbalance their statistical advantage. I thought the Borderlands chart for cold temperatures and their effects on Agimori was prohibitive to making Agimori PCs, and now seek an alternative....

I do like the vision of hordes of Agimori bundled up in tons of furs....