Digging a canal

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:24:20 +1300

Gian Gero:

>He is ambitious and he wants to dig a canal from the river (not the ZolaFel,
>but the serpent which flows close to SunDomeTemple) up to SunTown.

>Where could he find heavy elemental aid?
>At the Paps? At Pavis? Farther?

Probably the Paps although he would have to perform some massive undertaking for them. I don't think anybody in Pavis has access to big gnomes whether they be Pavis Priests, Ernaldan priestesses or Lunar Young Elemental Worshippers.

He could perform the Waha-makes-the-Good-Canal Heroquest but he will definitely piss off Zola Fel by doing that.

>How might he persuade the priests and priestess to lend him a dozen or
>so of huge elementals?

Killing some major cult enemy would be appropiate.

>How could he control the elementals themselves during the
>2/3-seasons-long work?

I don't think it would take 2/3 seasons with suitably large elementals. This should be a one-night job with suitablely impressive cthonotechnics.