The Nature of Truth

From: Matthew Thale <mattt_at_azstarnet.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 20:43:29 -0700

As I was reading through the Digest V7 #304, when spotted something that got me thinking.

Nick Quoting Joe...
>Joe writes:
>
>> Any Lunar priest IS chaotic. Ask any Orlanthi.
>
>For even more fun, get a Humakti to cast "Detect Lie" when they answer.

I assume that the Detect Lie spell detects the intent to lie rather than the untruth itself.

If I, as a fanatic Orlanthi, truly believe that all Lunar priests are chaotic, then this Humakti will detect that I am telling the truth.

I would like to hear the Gloranthan community's opinion(s) on the "truth" of my understanding.

Thanks,
- -Matt Thale

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #307