heros of gbaji war / how often do you eat beef?

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 21:56:17 +0900

thank you:
I can't discuss speedy for linguistic difficulty and absence of custom to do so.
only propose I can. But I dare to say that is a same attitude to Annihan Trolls:
secretism, isolationism, incredible mystery (sorry for compatriot. I like Blue Moon Cult writeup)

KYER, JEFFREY:
>One must admit that, until quite late in the modern Era that the Japan
>was utterly unapproachable. The Vormaini are taking this to the logical
>extreme, and setting up an area about the islands where none shall come.

>And, one has to admit, that until the Tokugawa period, the most visible
>contact the rest of the world (specifically China and Korea and the
>islands southwards) had with Japan was with wako.

I agree this, but I also point out some except cases in more elder age like 7C: Northern Korean Army and Army of Tang Dynasty crashed alliance of south Korea and Japan. Japan has long tradition of contact to Chinese Culture and in ancient times some protectrate at south Korea (modern koreans say we only utilized eastern sea barbarians)
: I think Glorantha is "ancient world".
But only Eastern area has historically current period bent. ( e.g: God Learner invasion to Kralorela (19C in RW) ,Sheng Seleris Period (13C in RW) isolationism is natural for eastern politics for Confucianism except some wasteful "evil" imperial period like Tang(land) and Ming(sea) Dynasty (these two have much anti-Confucianism)
they tried to remain isolationism in European means, but they cannot for geographical terms.

>And abmbiguity is the name of the game in Glorantha, it seems. There
>are no 'bad guys' Everyone is a hero -- at least to themselves. Sort
>of like life that way.

except Kingdom of War, Ignorance, Ramalia, Vadeli(Pang Tang?), and so on.

Peter Metcalph:
>They are the descendants of Vormaini warriors hired by the
>Eastern Seas Empire to destroy the Wizard Valkaro and his people.
>But when they landed, they were met by Valkaro and converted
>en masse, a miracle that nobody has been able to understand, and
>so the invasion ended in disaster.

I think once more about another mysterious (but inland) country of Trolls theocracy which revered Boztakang, Mahaquata, Annilla, Harzip Zeen :exotic even for other uzdoms
(Eastern Isles?):
Tibets? or Aramut Ismailli?: Bina Bang, Pikat Yaraboom (he has gone south for training?)
 I think Annilhan Troll cult priesthood has same attitude to baffer trolldoms (persistently I emphasized "Morbode in Old Rinliddi" and Argan Argar cult grips trade and communication) ) because Blue Moon Plateau is too near for Dara Happans to ignore except modern attitude for Lunar's association. IMO, (like Hitler and Napoleon to Russia) Nysalor, Kastok or other foolish emperor
 have great possibility to challenge historically impossible, and they diminished buffer troll kingdoms because though Annila cultists easily fled with illusionist magic, other cultists could not do such. Genertela book said: 380,000 trolls (include 9/10 enlo and uzdo) living on and near Plateau and Troll cult book said: 28%Annilla, 15%Argan Argar, 33%Kyger Litor in Roll of uzko

and Annillans made counterattack by surprise, assasination of leader, trap, etc and annihilate them.
"Ok, done, But we have no stock of buffer." "No problem. We can gather from other areas again."

I think isolationism takes great cost in Magical World.

Gian Gero:
>Looking forward to read you again (and keep on reading Montanelli; BTW in
>which language do you read his books?).
japanese

Heros of Gbaji War
Please Check this:

Arkat side:(this side often disunited)
the Three
Gerlant, Talor, Harmast

Malaskan Phillipe (Genertela book), Peandla of Brithini (Lord of Terror) Chark Liberator (Mostali, Old Race Book), Kaxtor (Genertela Book) Tesselle(Cala &Aule writeup), Makla Mann Ironblade (Broken Council, Humakt writeup)
Kwaratch Kang (Troll Lore), Garazaf Hyloric (Troll Lore), Only Old One and Sibilant Tongue of Ouroboros and Clagspider. Vorwaha Bisonlord (Dorastor), Mabodinarne, Valsatar, Goriant (ToTRM#13)

Nysalor side: (Its spellings aren't correct) Arinsor Chaos-sorceror, Fronela (Drastic R: Chaos) Grakamagakan Vampireking, Seshnela (Genertela Book) Palangio Iron Vrok, Peloria (Troll Gods) Ralzakaak Broolord, Dorastor (Dorastor)
Derinogus Pistol, Ralios (Dorastor)
Lokamayadon, Barbarian Belt (King of Sartar) Crimson Bat (Secret Book)
Estorex Holy, Dara Happa (Lord of Terror, Broken Council) Arlastor Gol-Aral, Dara Happa (Wyrms Footprint) Anirestyu, Emperor

Is there boardgame of Gbaji War?

Another Londarios librarian Research after theme of horse?

Arkat ate only boiled meat (troll cult book in troll gods) - -human view: he could not eat flesh or dead meat because he was once human - -trollish view: he was so sacred and revered death-power of zz that he pledged only to eat fired-food.

cattle meat and wild oxen
these are naming of Linne in Lingua Latina for innocently called "buffalo" or "oxen" in English or Japanese:

indian water-oxen: Bos bubalis Linnaeus / Pamaltela? / Africa and India

american bison: Bos bison Linnaeus / Prax and Great Waste, and Peloria after fighting of Argentium Thrille / america

north american musk-oxen: Ovibos moschatus / Pent? / Canada?

cattle (extinct orox in RW, source of domestic cattle): Bos taurus Linnaeus / Orlanthi Land?

magical entity
skybull(winged orox): Bos venti / stormwalk mountain

the word "buffalo" or "ox(en)" is too obscure and often was confused and abused, Buffalo Bill kindly teached:

"why do you bother about American Buffalo? There are still too many Buffalo in Africa and India."

think about Tawar (taurus),
Bisos(bison) in Peloria
and Urox(orox) in Dragon Pass
:Greg's unintentional crossing?

King /prolunar/ fertility Vs Warrior /antilunar/ death malkioni distaste to totem beast worship (shiva Worshippers in India and American Native in RW)
like christan order like Godlearner, IMO, Malkioni

even for not religious Romans much more than relogious gloranthan dara happans; Romans are non-religious and much occult like current Japanese to their much
Greek-molded Pantheon except primitive Christian church

ancient dilemma: Gods who have enough personality are indifference to humans (except trickster?) and judish anti-personality hated concept of human wisdom.

Caesar first wanted to become pontifex maxim with election because this status is useful for his ambition (some historian insisted) and every emperor after him monopolized this status with no power but has some authority

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #310