Re: Moo

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 15:01:10 EST

Peter:

<<>Are they completely hunter-gatherers now?

 Generally a mixture of hunter-gathering and horticulture prevails according to ML p105. >>

     Well, that saves me writing up the toxodon, then. :-)

<< Domesticated animals include "dogs, flightless chickens, a small short-legged
 pig, the Tanuku - a milk antelope(!!! - PHM) and several species of birds". >>

      The Tanuku probably isn't an antelope, unless Greg has gregged himself again in the last week or so. Obviously something antelope-like, which has been misinterpreted as such by foreigners.

David D:

Trotsky wrote

<<> There are no cattle to be found in Pamaltela of any kind. The water
> buffalo (Bubalus arnee last time I looked, but taxonomists and cladisticians
> keep changing their minds about this sort of thing) is native to Kralorela.

Darn, Enclosure 2's been Trotskyed!

I'm sure they weren't native, but I'm surprised none were imported; I'd think they could have survived on the north coast. (We know horses were imported, and a few survive to this day.) >>

     Yes, I could believe that. I really meant native animals; there may well have been a few imports, in, say, Umathela.

Forward the glorious Red Army!
Trotsky