Theyela

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 18:08:27 +1300

Alex Ferguson:

Me>> What do they call Theyala (the land east of Vithela) then?

>I thought these were identical, or at least just a matter of
>'difference of degree'?

>From http://www.glorantha.com/products/samples/otherworld.html

        Theyela, the Land of Dawn

	Past the easternmost islands of Vithela, across the measureless
	Ferezed Deeps, is the land of Theyela. It has been visited only
	by a handful of Vithelan mystics.

	It is a vast continent, centered upon the city of light. Buildings
	are tall bright expanses, lying upon radiating byways and backed
	by resplendent parks. At its center is a great harbor, and in its
	center is an island made of gold. In the center of that island is
	the Gate of Dawn, which springs open every morning with a thunderous
	clang to release the sun. From it too, with less clamor, rise the
	other good planets of the Sunpath. The residents are golden-skinned
	immortals whose voices are pure song, each impersonal and faceless,
	forever singing to keep the universe alive.

Vithela's palace (or Summerland Heaven if you're a Kralori) is a seperate place that lies among the Eastern Isles.