Making amends is more than just dumping corpses.

From: bjm10_at_cornell.edu
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 13:18:12 -0500 (EST)

> << And you are looking for a way for them to avoid the wrath of the wronged
> cult?
> Why? "Here's your high priest, but don't kill me, because I brought the body
> back". I can't see this working. >>
> Hey,
>
> It worked for Orlanth and multiple levels.
> Yelm, no longer an enemy
> Issaries, LM, And Challana all bestest budies even though he caused the
> destruction of their homes, family, and lives.

But Orlanth didn't just dump the corpse in front of the doorway. Orlanth then took severe steps to make amends. If one were to approach the temple in question with sufficiently obvious contrition, PERHAPS, depending upon the deity in question, a HeroQuest of contrition might be available. Alternatively, an Orlanth Windlord always has the option of a Lightbringer's Quest (the all-purpose contrition Heroquest).

Of course, I'm being more trite than how one should game it--to simplify presenting the point. If the slain is of fairly low rank, some measure of weregild might be enough.