Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #321

From: Bob Stancliff <stanclif_at_ufl.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 11:22:34 -0500

> I am remined of the suggestion that was once mooted for Sir Ethilrist,
> i.e. if Sir Ethilrist and Keener Than ever kissed and made up, the
> resulting formation would be a superhero.

        In the Dragon Pass game, they are usually considered to be friends again, and they work together to control the HellHound.
> I assume the source of Undeath Rune is Vivamort himself (not a truly
chaotic
> deity, as I recall, but something like a renegade Arroin or SLT
(something
> like that).

        One could claim that chaos is needed to defy natural order, but this is not automatically true. This may simple be an immortality spell with hideous side effects, such as, maintaining (un)life as long as you can steal life from others.

> After all, did not Rufelza create the Moon Rune herself?

        No, as I recall, the material is pretty clear that she found pieces of a moon deity on a godtime HeroQuest and adopted this power into herself. Stancliff