Making Amends

From: bjm10_at_cornell.edu
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 13:40:15 -0500 (EST)

> What I suggest is not a Lightbringer making-amend style quest: I suggest
> that Orlanth could, reasoning by absurd, provided that he wanted not to
> restore Yelm but merely not being blamed for murdering him, Orlanth could
> transfer the blame on Wakboth or Ragnaglar or Zorak Zoran, just to identify
> a more plausible guilty one.

That is not how Orlanth does things. That is not what Orlanth does. For an Orlanthi Wind Lord to attempt such a thing would either greatly diminish his status in the eyes of Orlanth or require that the Wind Lord HeroQuest most dangerously to "discover" an appropriate myth permitting this.

> As for the weregild suggestion: I am amazed. You really think a weregild can
> be paid to Babeester, Zorani, Thanathari and Mallians?

Thanatari and Mallians? That's why you make sure that you're friendly with the cults of Storm Bull, Zorak Zoran, and/or Babeester Gor.

> Has any of you ever tried to pay a weregild to the Stormbullies for
> voluntarily killing one of their berserkers?

Any player characters who do that DESERVE to get all the hostility the Storm Bulls can muster against them. Likewise, any player characters who commit murder in order to loot a Babeester Gori corpse of her weapon also DESERVE the enmity of the Cult of Babeester Gor.

Let them feel the consequences of their stupidity.