Amends and sobbing

From: Gian Gero <giangero_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 10:51:52 GMT

Someone wrote:

>That is not how Orlanth does things. That is not what Orlanth >does. For
>an Orlanthi Wind Lord to attempt such a thing would either greatly
>diminish his status in the eyes of Orlanth or require that the Wind >Lord
>HeroQuest most dangerously to "discover" an appropriate myth >permitting
>this.

I know Orlanth does not such things. I said "By absurd". I know you don't kill people (AFAIK), but I can by absurd assume so.

>>As for the weregild suggestion: I am amazed. You really think a >>weregild
>>can
>>be paid to Babeester, Zorani, Thanathari and Mallians?
>>Thanatari and Mallians?
> That's why you make sure that you're >friendly
>with the cults of Storm Bull, Zorak Zoran, and/or Babeester Gor.
>>Has any of you ever tried to pay a weregild to the Stormbullies for
>>voluntarily killing one of their berserkers?
>A player characters who do that DESERVE to get all the hostility the
>Storm Bulls can muster against them. Likewise, any player >characters >who
>commit murder in order to loot a Babeester Gori corpse of her weapon >also
>DESERVE the enmity of the Cult of Babeester Gor.
>Let them feel the consequences of their stupidity.

I do not want simply my PCs to walk around killing fine people and fleeing unpunished. I just want them not to bog themselves (an me, their GM, as one obliged to G-laws and customs) in endless feuds with every cult (including chaotic ones) they have ever damaged.
I suggest a Gloranthan-consistent (IMO) way to put an end, when weregelds are not a usable mean (i.e. Thanathar & C), to the escalation of revenge and counter revenge; because in gaming terms it is BORING even if JUST and HONEST. Why do I, the foreign, can't make myself clear to you, english-lings? Is my syntax so bad? Alex, share my grief, please.

Sobbing Gian