Kralorela again.

From: Dave Cake <dave_at_starfish.net.au>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 09:52:32 +0800

Alex
> I don't believe this rises to the level of 'scratch a martial
>artist, find a hsunchen', though.

        and

>Bear in mind
>we also have a distinctly bipedal Centipede Master and a wing-free
>Dragon Stylist in a rather more widely-available (if OOP) source.

        I was most certainly not intending to suggest that all martial arts schools are nothing but kung fu hsunchen. Just that SOME martial arts abilities might draw on hsunchen animal powers, and that in general there were a few cultural links. There are certainly martial arts schools that have very little to do with hsunchen practices except a few tiny scraps of cultural baggage (like naming their styles after animals, even if the school draws on no animal powers at all), and some schools that have nothing to do with hsunchen whatsoever, but draw on more eastern traditions. But there might also be a few schools that do have more obvious hsunchen links, much as your central Kralor purists might sneer at them. At the moment, I see no reason to deny their possible existence.

Draconicness of Kralorelans
>Are the Dragon Emperors _really_
>dragons, or are they just tripped out flakey mystics?

        Exactly.

>Is what you're getting at, 'Is Kralorela draconic at all?'?

        Or more likely 'what does knowing the Kralorelans are draconic tell us about them?' and I think the answer is 'not all that much really, because they are very different to the other philosophies known as draconic'. Darudism is draconic mostly only in that they themselves insist that they are draconic.

	Cheers
		David