Aborting the Larva or Not.

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 00:30:32 +0000

> If someone is impregnated with a larval broo, is there anyway to
>cure this condition? My first reaction to this question was that Chalanan
>healers would probably be able to do it, but then I realized that it would
>probably kill the larva, which would violate their oath against killing.
>Any ideas on this? I'm toying around with the idea of having this happen
>to own of my players, so I need to have a solution to it worked out.

The larva is chaotic and liable to kill the host. CA can't do anything about it (although perhaps Lunar healers might?). In my campaign the one time it happened it sparked a long adventure north to find and free the Fire Spirit from Griffin Mountain and learn enough of her magic to use the Soul Fire to burn the chaos from the larvae: they essentially called on the goddess (Firshala) for DI and she granted her a female form (did I mention they were all male) for length of the delivery. (This left the PCs with the nice problem of what to do with their 'offspring'...)

I would say then that infested persons have two problems: Getting free of the taint of chaos and delivering the offspring in a practical way if they are male. Zola Fel has rituals that will (supposedly) clean a Broo of chaos. If they could heroquest to find the Cleansed One then I suppose he could held. Doesn't take care of the problems of being male of course.

Or maybe the Wild Healer of the Rockwoods?