Moonboat crew

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 11:38:02 +1300

Ian Thomson:

>Captain - Etyries Priest/ess - Duties: to oversee the motion and direction
>of the craft

The Captain's duties are to issue orders whereas the motion and direction of the ship is a job best left for the steersman. I don't think the officers actually control the moonboat's flight in any way, they just order around the crew who do.

Etyries is a merchant cult and I think the officiers of the moonboats would be regular Lunar Army officers, ie Yanafali.

>Navigator - Etyries Priest/ess or advanced Initiate

A Chronomancer might be more appropiate.

>Duties: to
>periodocally renew the enchantments that direct the craft

Special Magicians can do that at landfall. The navigator would be better in determining where the boat is and advise the captain accordingly.