Darudan draconism

From: Dave Cake <dave_at_starfish.net.au>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 09:13:08 +0800

Me
>Darudism is draconic mostly only in that they themselves insist
>that they are draconic.

        Perhaps a better expression of what I meant to say might be something like 'Darudism is draconic in the same way Keraun is a Storm deity' - technically true in some sense, but reasoning on that basis would lead you very astray. Similarly, assuming that because Darudism is draconic it has much in common with dragonnewt practices or EWF practices seems to me to be a big mistake.Though I could certainly have my mind changed on this issue, my impression of Darudism is that is involves more Eastern thought than draconic, and very little outward draconic manifestation - sure, there are dragons around, but most of the obvious draconism has not much to with Darudism per se.

        Though Darudism and dragonnewt practices do both also involve avoidance of worldly entanglements.

	Cheers
		David