Faith in Glorantha

From: Julian Lord <julianlord_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 11:05:10 +0100 (CET)

Alex : Faith in Glorantha

> You're telling me Paul believed there was
> no 'evidence' for the existence of God? That
> surprises me, a tad...

Not quite ; He *knew* God personally ; but he also knew that other people generally don't, and asks them to simply have faith in the Gospels (and in Greek philosophy).

Anyway, back to Glorantha ;

> Right; one definition of a religion is it's a sort
> of spiritual fire-axe: "In case of supernatural
> experience, break glass".
> Only partly accurate, since of course many/most
> religions do want to actually _lead_ you to a
> religious experience, but also important is ensuring
> that if one does occur, you know how to interpret
it.

I think that Western Heroquesting is probably a Hollywood special effects version of having a Crisis in Faith - anyone seen 'Dogma' ? ;-)

Julian Lord

Do You Yahoo!?
Achetez, vendez! _at_ votre prix! Sur http://encheres.yahoo.fr