Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #345

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 23:09:39 -0600

>Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 22:54:20 +1300
>From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
>Subject: Kerofin
>
>Guy Hoyle:
>
>>Is there a Cult of Kero Fin, separate from her worship as
>>Orlanth's mother?
>
>Yup. She would be the local Land Goddess like Dorasta and Esrola.

Hmm. While I will concede that she's a land goddess, wouldn't there be significant differences from the other land goddesses? She's a mountain goddess without much in the way of agriculture; she probably has some dominion over gnomes and sylphs because of her topography; she's the mother of the King of the Gods; and her earthly manifestation, Wintertop, is the tallest mountain in all of Genertela. Surely this has some effect upon her cult?

>>Are there intimate ties to the Earthshaker cult, or is that just
>>"coincidental"?
>
>Her priestesses are dominated by the Cannibal Queen, I would
>think.

Hmm. At first I saw no reason to doubt this, but after some time to contemplate, I wonder if the Cannibal Queen's status might not be due in part to the patronage of Kero Fin.

Guy

We Meddle in God's Domain So That You Don't Have To