Darudan draconism

From: David Cake <dave_at_starfish.net.au>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 18:08:31 +0800

>Is there a reason that you ignore the emperor and his exarchs and
>generals, (all of whom are dragons in their own right)?

        Well, if you take the Kraloris word for it. As they don't turn into physical dragons, and we have only their word for it that they have dragons souls, that would seem to make it somewhat open to question.

>Given that he is depicted as "a human with the head, tail and wings
>of a dragon" and

        Yeah, and for a while Moses was depicted with horns due to a mistranslation. It was an awful long time ago, too. I admitted they had a strong draconic motif anyway.

>The Five Dragon Warriors do not follow the Path of Immanent Mastery.
>They are as Darudists as you can get.

        Well, as some of the Five Dragon Warriors are alleged to be able to turn into draconic form, that would make the whole debate rather moot wouldn't it? One wonders why no one said at the start 'Darudan draconism, yeah, those guys over there turn into dragon form every now and then and they are Darudists'.

        I'm still no closer to understanding what Darudism actually consists of, though. Its sort of draconic mysticism - except not mystic like the other mystics, and not draconic in a particularly obvious way (except the 5 Dragon Warriors), so what are we left with? Like most things eastern, strong disclaimers of what it isn't (particularly including things it used to be but isn't anymore) are a lot easier to find than explanations of what it is.

	Cheers
		David

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #348