Kero Fin

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 15:34:44 EST

<< Guy wrote:
>Idle curiosity is my only motivation here. Is there
>a Cult of Kero Fin, separate from her worship as
>Orlanth's mother? I presume that she has some
>kind of control over sylphs

Stancliife :

    Kero Fin would probably be more of a Spirit Cult or a sub-Cult since there  are not enough worshippers for her to have a full temple or multi-national  following. >>

There are Priestess of Kero Fin who brought up Saronil Goodstone. Whether his friendship with Dwarfs was related to ths or not is not entirely clear but I suspect it is related. I think Kero Fin is more important than a Spirit cult. As the goddess of Dragon Pass, the tallest mountain in the World, the mother of the King of the Gods, a lover of Lodril, the mother of Quivin (definitely a spirit cult, at best) she ranks as quite high in the 'breadth of manifestation' stakes. IMO the cult of Maran Gor at the Shaker Temple is really more of a subcult of Kero Fin that has out grown it's sub status and now has most of the temporal power, if not the highest place in the Earth Temple hierarchy (making the Kerofini Priestesses a bit like the Queen in the British constitutional monarchy) (this analogy is a bit thin admittedly)

Keith N