Dragonkill factions

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 22:33:49 +1300

Keith Nellist:

>Speaking of which, I need some advice on the status of certain
>factions in the Pass circa Dragonkill.

>Delecti the Magus - I like the idea of him being a neutral, with an embassy,
>because I feel he must have played off one side against the other to survive.

He's stated to have formed the marsh to stave off the True Golden Horde so historically he was anti-horde. He could have flipped either way admittedly...

>Cragspider the Firewitch - I assume pro Dragon, but possibly stays out
>of it.

Do we know of her using fire powers before the Dragonkill? It could after all be the collective souls of slain pelorians trapped within her net...

>Giants: as per DP, or anti Dragon?

Giants are anti-dragons from way way back.

>Tusk Riders - (not as ugly but still tusk riders, different emissasry rules?
>diplomacy points?) - I currently think neutral but have no real idea.

I think they have the same emissary rules. One could use tribes of Tusk Riders as they did claim to have twelve tribes before being betrayed by the dragon king.

>Dwarf and his Gifts - neutral.

For obvious reasons, the cannon cult should not be available when the Dragons appear.

>Hydra - as per DP

Don't think so. It first appeared at the siege of Carantes in the zero wane. I assume it was part of the Pelandan mythical geography and summoned by the Carmanians. It then wandered down south (searching for a mate?) and is currently in Dragon Pass.

>The Ducks - definitely pro Dragons

They should be part of Delecti's minions methinks. The first hero to ally with Delecti will be held down and forced to receive the allegiance of the ducks.

If you are venturing onto the plains of prax, you could also have a magical treasure: the cauldron of orange sauce. Any duck unit stacked with it or taken prisoner by its holder will be converted into a supply train that supplies stacks on the chaparral.

>Aldryami - I think they stay out of it.

The Elder Wilds elves did fight against the EWF and so did Tobasta Greenbow. Hence I do think elvish units will appear.