Re: What is a Dragon?

From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_dynamite.com.au>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 01:11:26 +1000

> Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 16:54:50 +0900
> From: "TERRA INCOGNITA" <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
> Subject: What is Dragon?

> So, what is Gloranthan Dragon?
> Monster like Great Old One in Cthulhu World? Or Humorous Jabberwacky?
> Easy to Kill Monster in Advanced Dungeons and Dragons?
> I think Gloranthan Dragon is on border above these example:

My take on a Dragon in Glorantha is that _one_ is comparable in size, power, and ability to be diverted from its path, to the Earthquake that hit Tokyo in 1922. A small one would be like a Pika-don or Tsunami. A large one like a meme. Not so much a creature as a Catalcysm, a seismic event, something that changes the world.