Re: State Religion

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 13:55:49 GMT

TERRA INCOGNITA:
> Eastern Mysticism and Darudaism - state religion in a sense
> is uncompatible to mandarism

In a more obvious sense, they're very compatible: being a mandarin is (or at least can be) an important 'rung' on the ladder of the emperor cult, which is, as previously discussed, a sort of 'Pop Darudism'. (In the terminology of the GoG Godunya writeup, a bit like Chief Priests of G.) It's not very compatible with sitting in a monestary all day, or becoming a martial artist, that's true.

> What Daruda sacrificed for national welfare to August Dragon and Thrunhin
> Da?
> They must be part of imperial structure for their power.

No, I don't believe that's a correct conclusion.

> State Religion structure and Hermit Emperor : Tibet?

Not clear as to the question being posed here.

Cheers,
Alex.

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #359