new Temple of the Reaching Moon location

From: Robert Stancliff <stanclif_at_ccgnv.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 12:17:35 -0500

Andrew E. Larsen wrote:

        I was noticing in KoS that Tatius the Bright spends a lot of his time and energy building a Temple to the Reaching Moon, but it doesn't seem to say where it's being built. It sort of vaguely suggests that it was at Whitewall, since it mentions the Temple after the fall of Whitewall, but it's not definite.

    Tatius was so annoyed because he had to take time to go to Holy Country to deal with the army and then return to continue construction. He wanted to extend the Glowline across Grazeland and Sartar so the SE corner of Sartar would be an appropriate anchor.

    I have always felt it to be in the "Dragon Pass" game hex where the Brown (?) Dragon appears. That is, SE Sartar near the Old Wind Temple. In essence, the temple was built on the back of a new or unknown dragon which was awakened by the construction and the Orlanth's Ring intervention.

    This could have been the left-over essence of the unfinished EWF dragon, never fully grown, or one of Orlanth's slain foes which he calls back through the ritual... ie: the dragon constellation reborn. All IMO, Stancliff