East Isle Questions

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 17:45:39 +1300

Terra Incognita:

>How Thella and Waking Magician idea gregged?
>(Tales#17 & RQ-con Compendium#4 Idea)

Last time I heard, Nils was waiting to hear Greg's final thoughts on the matter. Admittedly that was over a year ago...

>Why did Golden Mokato and god Hobimarong perish?

They didn't. Hobimarong and the Jewelled Isle of Mokato are still around today. They renounced their empire to save it from the Closing.

>In Missing Land and TotRM description, Mokato was closed by some Magical
>Barrier, What is this?

The Bezarngay Boil. This steaming current of boiling water has its origins in the Godtime when the sea tried to boil the last of the keets alive. The Boil was stopped at the end by a giant osprey and in gratitude the local keets send one of their number to feed it once a month.