Heroes Quantified

From: Ashley Munday <ashleym_at_telinco.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 09:16:44 -0000

Martin Laurie said that we never saw RQ stats for Gloranthan Style Heroes. However, we did see Arduin Grimoire (i.e. the most appalling hack of DnD ever seen) stats for a select bunch from WB&RM. They seem a pretty chuffy bunch in that context...

As for HW being like Tunnels and Trolls: In the sense that in TnT you knew how dangerous a combat was by how big the bucket was that the GM carried his dice around in, it's different. It reminds me more of a LARP system with a d20 replacing rude gestures. Essentially, a superficially simple system with 20 pages of special cases.

Ash