Eastern calendars

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 13:47:19 +0100

TERRA:

> > Draconic Calendar is used by Remnants of Vithela Continent.
> > (and Teshnos, Ignorance, East of Pent) Silence, Secret, Being, Experience,
> > Thought, Spirit
> > Why? Draconism is only mainstream in Kralorela, isn't it?

Alex:

> It's only a Kralori thing, AFAIK.

GCotHW claims that the Kralorelan calendar is used all over the east, as TERRA says, but I agree with Alex, that it is used only in Kralorela. The ancestral dragons are not known in the rest of the east and the number six has no special mythic significance.

I have been sketching on an East Isles high calendar, with "months" named after the nine (ten) high gods. There is no official information on this though.

Also, I think most East Islanders have simpler calendars, for example dividing the year into Typhoon, Sailing and Doldrum seasons, or keeping track by the types of fish they catch.

Nils Weinander
The world is a beautiful place and it's worth fighting for

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com