Re: Classic Glorantha using HW

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 16:39:03 EST

In a message dated 2/9/00 1:30:59PM, you write:

<< The Cradle scenario, for example, which is probably my all-time favourite  scenario in -any- system, might change in the light of what we learn about  the workings of Glorantha. Some of this, actually, was quite free-form, like  some of the Lunar onslaught and the way the Orlanthi re-floated the thing,  but some (the heavy Warding spells) was RQish. >>

I have looked at nearly all the old stuff that I have and tried to imagine it using HW type stats (I say type because I don't have the full rules) and concluded that it basically reduced the page count significantly (a lot of space went into repeated stats for, for example, 12 hoplites) and that, in the case of the Cradle, it would probably run *better* using HW. The Warding spells are one of the main 'rules construct' things (I don't know if warding, or a similar area effect defense, is going to be in HW?) that happen but I would convert them as some sort of magical preparation for the battle.

Keith N