temple of old good shadow

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 11:17:55 +0900

TOOGS
http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~BLUEMAGI/templeofogs-e.htm

Welcome to this Underground Temple of Argan Argar, son of Netta. The Hurtplace part of Morbode Temple dedicated to Chaos-Slayer, Night Son. He killed Blasphemous Chaotic Demon Braznofstel with his sharp spear on this Surface when Night overwhelmed Hurtplace. But underground part is dedicated to Argan the Friend of The Old Good Shadows, they are abandoned or forgotten Material from Arachne Solara
(Greg)'s hand for some reasons. Light of Crazy Blue Moon and Transcendent
Red Moon teach the way to the Shadows how to open their Seventh Soul, they have obliged to hear this advice whether it decide to follow it or not.

PROSPECTUS:
As you all know, Current Glorantha becomes melting-pot of irrational and uncompatible worldview existences at Godlearnish "rational point of view",
(as Nick Brooke and Wyrms footnote text mentioned: see here: What happens to
One True Glorantha) FREX, King of Sartar1993, Glorious ReAscent of Yelm Ivory 1995, Entekosiad 1996 etc... and Eastern Mythology enforced this trend more and more in his mercantile reason. Works on Progress are of course innocent for purpose, but what we can do with it? We can use Christopher Tolkien Style (Middle Earth World) or Apostles of Lovecraft Style (Cthulhu Mythology) in his Worldmachine.

Greg Stafford's work seems to keep constant changing condition, unless he wants to stop his activity. He keeps this condition as if he were sitting upon Murharzarm Footstool of his own Cult: maybe he cannot dethrone himself unless someone become Rebellous Terminus...Sorry. So, I can see "Ol' G Shadow" in some case but I cannot categolize them to this list.

1: Greg simply ignores it. (like problem of Redbird)
2: He wants solution, but cannot find it.
3: He truely forgets this material. (merely)
4: He can dragonewtnize on this contradiction. (He can see it as natural in
Glorantha.)
IMO, One True Glorantha has still some possibility, even if it is only in a sense of INHUMAN KING. We can regulate or at least put in order unintentional irregulate of the world.

OBJECT: Not "Grolfindel problem"!
1: not intention to disturb far more Gregging: inevitable problem in enlarging Fantasy World, Greg of course has right to heroquest more. 2: Nostalgia to Old Version Glorantha: do you remember Glorantha with only one Storm King (Orlanth), one Earth Goddess (Ernalda), and one Son of Light
(Yelmalio), some people still wants older version like Computer OS
selection, Some people still uses Win95, Win98, etc...(Greg95, Greg98?) and older version available to Great stock of Rules which Sandy Petersen made... 3: Treasury of old ideal Stock, I think many ideas sleeping which didn't be accepted to "mainstream".Some people wants to use abandoned material in their original Glorantha or even other Worlds. 4: Risky to Drive out of control: turbulence and too Large accumlate regulate Material can make this world limitless multification: imagine too many cults in too many every age with too many historical change.

Finally I dare to say, " Source is limited, but resource is unlimited."

What occurs to Every Glorantha Digests?
If I make some question to Gulus of Glorantha, sometimes no question from circle of Digester,
it suggests some reason:
1: there are no answer, unintentionally (this is mere case, Gloranthan Digesters already did everything like Doraddi) 2: flat line of blank area (debate coming to too heat, so powers decide to ignore this area)
3: work in progress of Greg Stafford (caution! he is master of the Mainstream world!)
4: blank area for world flexibility (similarity to 2, but digesters positively admit this condition, blank area isn't always same. please think about Balazar (Griffin Mountain) condition for commercial reason in Avalonhill?)
5: my idea awfully far from mainstream
6: nobody can understand what on earth I am asking, if indeed I am asking anything and not merely writing out a stream of consciousness somewhat rooted in recent Greggery
(this head added by Nick Brooke, thanks!)
this accumulating gathering unconsciousness made here and now gregging Glorantha.

ITEMS:
First Appearance:
Nature:
Blue Moon Critic:
Red Moon Seventh Solution:

Androgeus of Jesarma (personality)
First Appearance: White Bear and Red Moon Nature:
Blue Moon Critic: Serious, King of sartar didn't mention any of his existence! Where is Jesarma?
Red Moon Seventh Solution: same Hermaprodite Jernotius of Northwestern Peloria

Gunda Guilty and Valkyrie Host (personality) First Appearance: White Bear and Red Moon Nature: She was half-valkyrie whose mother raped by sage Blue Moon Critic: What on earth is Valkyrie existence in Glorantha? Red Moon Seventh Solution:

Lightfore

Shargash and Lightning Boy

Redbird

Artmal Empire

Jorstland Empire

Waking Magician and Dream Magic

Great God, Local God (Especially, Yelmalio!)

If you think you have material involves Old Good Shadow which should be added to this list, please E-MAIL to Terra Incognita. inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp