Re: wergild

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 18:06:21 GMT

David Dunham:
> Although it wouldn't surprise me if Ernalda had a hand, Orlanth is
> credited for setting the first wergilds (see Enclosure 2).

Well, like Grysten Hestrisdottir of the Elkenvalue clan's advice to the Culbrea clan ring, the beauty of Ernalda's suggestions is that Orlanth always _thinks_ they were his ideas afterwards.

Back home in the Elken Vale, we're _slightly_ more savvy about who's really running things around here... ("I not sure if we're raiding the Black Oak this year; Grysten hasn't made Chief Erstar's mind up yet...")

Well all, I'd love to stay and chat, but I've got to scoot off to Wild and Wooly West Cork (and yes David, they do actually called it West Cork there... <g>) to play Gloranthan free-form games! Whee! Aren't you all jealous?

Cheers,
Alex.