Valkyries

From: markmohrfield <markmohrfield_at_zoomtown.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 15:02:41 -0500

Peter Metcalf writes
<Valkyries are an order of female knights in Loskalm.>

A very long time ago I asked Sandy Petersen a question about Gunda the Guilty on the digest. Part of his reply was that Valkyrie "may be a code-word for a female Malkioni knight of renown."

A short time later he answered a question from another subscriber with

"Gunda the Guilty is the daughter of a Valkyrie. Of course
Valkyries are in Glorantha -- they're just female warrior angels, typically of a storm cult."

When I pointed out the contradiction Sandy wrote

"Sandy aggressively denies any claim to either consistency or infallibility."

So the question of what a Valkyrie is is apparently unsettled. Or at least it was two years ago...

                     Mark Mohrfield