Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #382

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_paralynx.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 09:58:01 -0800

> From: darvall <madamx_at_ns2.mikka.net.au>
>
> Actually it's not. Whilst in a civilised army there are officers (& indeed
> ORs) who are not involved in combat some-one has to shout "follow me".
> Currently thats the job of lieutenants & seems admirably suited to juniour
> Yanafali. This does not diminish their tactical role. Tactics is the

Yanafal's magics are for inclusion; he can forge different military traditions into one fighting force (Yes he has magic for personal combat but so do all the war gods).

A file-leader or hundred-leader (lieutenant) does not need these magics as his unit is always homogeneous. There is no reason for him to waste the time (and money) to worship a god that gives him powers he cannot use.

Most Yanafali officers are general grade. They are brigade leaders and higher. They are assigned tasks and forces that require their skills. Now, there are some Lunar units that are Yanafali and the junior officers worship him for his officering skills but most people under general rank are worshiping Yanafal for his combat magic.

Wesley
- --
- -
'Thine be ilka joy and treasure,